Museum Layout

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Museum Lobby and Hallway

The museum lobby displays some great works of art by world- renowed artists.

Visitors will surely marvel at the mural of Our Lady of Guadalupe created by Spanish painter Vladimir Cuevas, as well as the carved glass entitled “Goddess of Light” by world-famous sculptor Ramon Orlina.

The paintings are joined by historical photographs of the Philippines. On the walls are the maps of the Philippines during the 1700s, and an incredible panoramic photograph of Intramuros / Fort Santiago in the 1870s.

The hallway also displays a wall-sized engraved replica of Dr. Jose P. Rizal’s Mi Ultimo Adios with a specimen of his handwriting. Beside it is a copy of a photograph from his December 30, 1896 execution in Luneta.

Portraits of GBP chairman Geronimo Berenguer de los Reyes Jr. and his great grandfather Crisanto Mendoza de los Reyes are also displayed along the corridor.